Enhanced Infection Control in Action & Working for You!Honolulu, HI
At Diamond Head Dental Care we take infection control seriously, going above and beyond the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and the American Dental Association. Below lists some of our enhanced infection control protocols beyond the normal standards and requirements during COVID-19, that is continuously being refined and expanded:
- Pre-appointment screening questionnaire
- Thermal scan at appointment check-in
- Face shields
- N-95 respirators
- Hypochlorous acid foggers
- H2O2 pre-rinse
- Air purification
- Vacuum technology
- Minimization of aerosol by adjusting dental treatment techniques
- Limiting patient and staff counts
We take pride in being on the forefront of technology and infection control. We hope our efforts maintain a safer environment for everyone.
What to expect at your next visit?
Please come alone to your appointment (family members or friends will be asked to wait outside). If you're a minor, you may be accompanied by one adult only.
At your next appointment you will need to answer the following screening questionnaire as well as pass a thermal scan requiring a temperature below 100.4 degrees:
- Have you (or your household) had contact with anyone who is confirmed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you (or your household) traveled outside Hawaii in the past 14 days
- Have you (or your household) had close contact with anyone who traveled outside Hawaii in the past 14 days?
- Are you (or your household) currently experiencing fever, difficulty breathing, cough, fatigue, muscle/body ache, headache, new loss of taste/smell, sore throat, congestion, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea?
- Have you (or your household) had a fever higher than 100.4 degrees in the past 14 days?
- Have you (or your household) taken fever-reducing medication in the past 14 days?
- Do you work in healthcare? If so, are you working with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 patients?
**Please verify the above information prior to your next visit**
Assure you answered "NO" to all of the above. If you answered "YES" to any question(s), please contact our office at 808-735-8883 immediately.
Mahalo and kokua for you assistance in keeping Diamond Head Dental Care a safe place for everyone.
If you have a toothache, chances are it is interfering with your sleep. Getting a toothache at night can make it very difficult to fall asleep or stay asleep. But there are several remedies that may help individuals find relief and get to sleep. Read on to learn more about home treatments for relieving a…
Among other options, dental implants could be a good decision if you are missing teeth. These artificial teeth can restore your smile and relieve the embarrassment you have been feeling. Implants are not for everyone. There are benefits and challenges to having them, so you should speak to your dentist about whether they make sense.…
A chipped tooth requires treatment. Without proper treatment from a qualified dentist, the issue can become worse and lead to more severe oral health complications. Understanding these risks can help you decide if and when you should visit a dentist after a chipped tooth occurs. A chipped tooth that is left untreated can cause unnecessary pain,…
You may not have thought much about dental implant restoration. However, if the dentist informs you that you need a tooth extraction, it is time to consider the most effective way of filling this space in your mouth. Dealing with missing teeth can cause health issues and make it difficult to eat or speak. You…
A broken tooth can ruin a good day. It could have been the result of a blow to the face while playing sports or from biting down on hard candy. Now, you have to eat carefully to avoid severe tooth pain. The appearance is also unsightly and makes you feel self-conscious. Fortunately, the dentist can…