Enhanced Infection Control in Action & Working for You!Honolulu, HI
At Diamond Head Dental Care we take infection control seriously, going above and beyond the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and the American Dental Association. Below lists some of our enhanced infection control protocols beyond the normal standards and requirements during COVID-19, that is continuously being refined and expanded:
- Pre-appointment screening questionnaire
- Thermal scan at appointment check-in
- Face shields
- N-95 respirators
- Hypochlorous acid foggers
- H2O2 pre-rinse
- Air purification
- Vacuum technology
- Minimization of aerosol by adjusting dental treatment techniques
- Limiting patient and staff counts
We take pride in being on the forefront of technology and infection control. We hope our efforts maintain a safer environment for everyone.
What to expect at your next visit?
Please come alone to your appointment (family members or friends will be asked to wait outside). If you're a minor, you may be accompanied by one adult only.
At your next appointment you will need to answer the following screening questionnaire as well as pass a thermal scan requiring a temperature below 100.4 degrees:
- Have you (or your household) had contact with anyone who is confirmed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you (or your household) traveled outside Hawaii in the past 14 days
- Have you (or your household) had close contact with anyone who traveled outside Hawaii in the past 14 days?
- Are you (or your household) currently experiencing fever, difficulty breathing, cough, fatigue, muscle/body ache, headache, new loss of taste/smell, sore throat, congestion, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea?
- Have you (or your household) had a fever higher than 100.4 degrees in the past 14 days?
- Have you (or your household) taken fever-reducing medication in the past 14 days?
- Do you work in healthcare? If so, are you working with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 patients?
**Please verify the above information prior to your next visit**
Assure you answered "NO" to all of the above. If you answered "YES" to any question(s), please contact our office at 808-735-8883 immediately.
Mahalo and kokua for you assistance in keeping Diamond Head Dental Care a safe place for everyone.
If you ever experience a dental emergency outside normal office hours, it is good to know that an emergency dentist is open on the weekends and ready to attend to you. Regardless of the nature of the injury, you can depend on the dentist to provide quality dental care to restore your oral health. Do…
When a molar tooth is missing and needs replacement to maintain chewing ability, one important alternative to consider is a dental implant. It is strong, durable and very reliable when it comes to dental prosthetics. Over the years, dentistry has developed so many successful options that replacing missing teeth is an everyday practice. Thankfully, replacing molars…
A toothache is a sign that you have a dental issue that needs treatment. It occurs when the nerve or soft tissues in a tooth are irritated, and it can vary in severity. Common causes of toothaches and inflammation around a tooth include injuries, tooth loss, tooth decay and dental infections.Pain from other facial structures…
A toothache is pain that often occurs in or around a person’s tooth. Most times, tooth pain is a sign that there is a problem with either your tooth or gums. But sometimes, the pain may be due to a problem elsewhere in your body. Keep reading to find out some common causes of a…
For the millions of people with missing teeth, a multiple tooth implant helps. Whether from trauma, decay, or some type of health problem, this procedure works. If this sounds familiar, start by learning about your options. As a restorative dental solution, this allows you to eat without discomfort and smile without feeling embarrassed. But many…