Enhanced Infection Control in Action & Working for You!Honolulu, HI
At Diamond Head Dental Care we take infection control seriously, going above and beyond the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and the American Dental Association. Below lists some of our enhanced infection control protocols beyond the normal standards and requirements during COVID-19, that is continuously being refined and expanded:
- Pre-appointment screening questionnaire
- Thermal scan at appointment check-in
- Face shields
- N-95 respirators
- Hypochlorous acid foggers
- H2O2 pre-rinse
- Air purification
- Vacuum technology
- Minimization of aerosol by adjusting dental treatment techniques
- Limiting patient and staff counts
We take pride in being on the forefront of technology and infection control. We hope our efforts maintain a safer environment for everyone.
What to expect at your next visit?
Please come alone to your appointment (family members or friends will be asked to wait outside). If you're a minor, you may be accompanied by one adult only.
At your next appointment you will need to answer the following screening questionnaire as well as pass a thermal scan requiring a temperature below 100.4 degrees:
- Have you (or your household) had contact with anyone who is confirmed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you (or your household) traveled outside Hawaii in the past 14 days
- Have you (or your household) had close contact with anyone who traveled outside Hawaii in the past 14 days?
- Are you (or your household) currently experiencing fever, difficulty breathing, cough, fatigue, muscle/body ache, headache, new loss of taste/smell, sore throat, congestion, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea?
- Have you (or your household) had a fever higher than 100.4 degrees in the past 14 days?
- Have you (or your household) taken fever-reducing medication in the past 14 days?
- Do you work in healthcare? If so, are you working with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 patients?
**Please verify the above information prior to your next visit**
Assure you answered "NO" to all of the above. If you answered "YES" to any question(s), please contact our office at 808-735-8883 immediately.
Mahalo and kokua for you assistance in keeping Diamond Head Dental Care a safe place for everyone.
Tooth pain is one of those things that most people have to deal with at some point in their lives. Think of it was a warning signal that there is something wrong in the mouth. The more intense the pain is, the more serious the underlying issue causing it is.The only permanent fix for tooth…
In cosmetic dentistry, many dentists believe that dental implants are the best and most long-term solution to multiple missing teeth. However, not all dental implants are the same, and it is helpful to understand the different options available to patients who are missing more than one natural tooth. The form of dental implant treatment depends largely…
An individual’s experience with tooth pain depends on the root cause of that pain. Toothaches also vary in nature, intensity, and duration. Take tooth sensitivity as an example. It tends to cause pain only when a problem tooth is triggered by heat, cold, sugar, acid or pressure. In contrast, dental caries cause a more persistent…
Both dental implants procedures and orthodontic treatment are dental practices with the aim of improving a person’s smile. Sometimes there may be a need for both; depending on the structure of the mouth, people may end up needing tooth replacement along with teeth straightening.In such a case, patients may wonder how will dental implants affect…
Tooth pain is often caused by cavities, which are small holes where decay is taking place. Cavities start small, but they can become large enough to lead to a tooth falling apart. Most people in the U.S. have cavities that they are not aware of. These holes typically do not lead to pain in their…