Enhanced Infection Control in Action & Working for You!Honolulu, HI
At Diamond Head Dental Care we take infection control seriously, going above and beyond the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and the American Dental Association. Below lists some of our enhanced infection control protocols beyond the normal standards and requirements during COVID-19, that is continuously being refined and expanded:
- Pre-appointment screening questionnaire
- Thermal scan at appointment check-in
- Face shields
- N-95 respirators
- Hypochlorous acid foggers
- H2O2 pre-rinse
- Air purification
- Vacuum technology
- Minimization of aerosol by adjusting dental treatment techniques
- Limiting patient and staff counts
We take pride in being on the forefront of technology and infection control. We hope our efforts maintain a safer environment for everyone.
What to expect at your next visit?
Please come alone to your appointment (family members or friends will be asked to wait outside). If you're a minor, you may be accompanied by one adult only.
At your next appointment you will need to answer the following screening questionnaire as well as pass a thermal scan requiring a temperature below 100.4 degrees:
- Have you (or anyone in your household):
- Had contact with anyone confirmed with COVID-19 in the past 10 days (positive COVID-19 test result or diagnosed with COVID-19 by licensed healthcare provider)?
- Currently waiting for a COVID-19 test results?
- Been told by a licensed healthcare provider that you are suspected to have COVID-19?
- Have you (or anyone in your household) traveled outside Hawaii in the past 10 days and were told to quarantine by the State of Hawaii?
- Have you (or anyone in your household) had close contact with anyone mandated to quarantine by the State of Hawaii who traveled outside Hawaii in the past 10 days?
- Are you (or anyone in your household) currently experiencing:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle/body aches
- New loss of taste/smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion/runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Have you (or anyone in your household) had a fever higher than 100.4ο in the past 10 days or taken fever-reducing medication to treat a fever?
**Please verify the above information prior to your next visit**
Assure you answered "NO" to all of the above. If you answered "YES" to any question(s), please contact our office at 808-735-8883 immediately.
Mahalo and kokua for you assistance in keeping Diamond Head Dental Care a safe place for everyone.
A patient may invest in dental implants for a variety of different reasons, many of which focus on positively changing personal image and improving overall oral health. Implants are often applied when patients are missing one or more teeth and are not interested (or have had no success with) dentures or dental bridges. To understand…
Dental implants are a reliable replacement option if a patient has a tooth extracted. There are many reasons to pull permanent teeth, including infection, irreversible damage, and a crowded mouth. A dentist may recommend an implant if a patient is experiencing difficulties with chewing or speaking, or if the person is self-conscious about smiling. It…
Have you ever suffered from an injury that left your teeth in pain? How do you know if you have an injured tooth? How can it be fixed? An injured tooth doesn’t have to be the end of the world, even though there are some instances where it can be fatal. Keep your teeth healthy…
You may be thinking about scheduling a dental cleaning from a weekend dentist. Regular brushing and flossing are the simplest things for good oral hygiene. Yet, there will be times when these will not be enough. Professional cleaning can get rid of stubborn plaque and tartar. Thus, it is important to schedule an appointment often…
Dental implants have joined the list of replacement options for missing teeth, with many patients preferring the look and feel of implants to dentures or bridges. In addition to providing patients with natural-looking teeth, implants are effective in restoring confidence and making eating or speaking more comfortable. They also can improve an individual’s oral health.…