Enhanced Infection Control in Action & Working for You!Honolulu, HI
At Diamond Head Dental Care we take infection control seriously, going above and beyond the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and the American Dental Association. Below lists some of our enhanced infection control protocols beyond the normal standards and requirements during COVID-19, that is continuously being refined and expanded:
- Pre-appointment screening questionnaire
- Thermal scan at appointment check-in
- Face shields
- N-95 respirators
- Hypochlorous acid foggers
- H2O2 pre-rinse
- Air purification
- Vacuum technology
- Minimization of aerosol by adjusting dental treatment techniques
- Limiting patient and staff counts
We take pride in being on the forefront of technology and infection control. We hope our efforts maintain a safer environment for everyone.
What to expect at your next visit?
Please come alone to your appointment (family members or friends will be asked to wait outside). If you're a minor, you may be accompanied by one adult only.
At your next appointment you will need to answer the following screening questionnaire as well as pass a thermal scan requiring a temperature below 100.4 degrees:
- Have you (or anyone in your household):
- Had contact with anyone confirmed with COVID-19 in the past 10 days (positive COVID-19 test result or diagnosed with COVID-19 by licensed healthcare provider)?
- Currently waiting for a COVID-19 test results?
- Been told by a licensed healthcare provider that you are suspected to have COVID-19?
- Have you (or anyone in your household) traveled outside Hawaii in the past 10 days and were told to quarantine by the State of Hawaii?
- Have you (or anyone in your household) had close contact with anyone mandated to quarantine by the State of Hawaii who traveled outside Hawaii in the past 10 days?
- Are you (or anyone in your household) currently experiencing:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle/body aches
- New loss of taste/smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion/runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Have you (or anyone in your household) had a fever higher than 100.4ο in the past 10 days or taken fever-reducing medication to treat a fever?
**Please verify the above information prior to your next visit**
Assure you answered "NO" to all of the above. If you answered "YES" to any question(s), please contact our office at 808-735-8883 immediately.
Mahalo and kokua for you assistance in keeping Diamond Head Dental Care a safe place for everyone.
Sometimes, a visit to a dentist open on weekends can be a regular dental checkup with a dental cleaning. At other times, a weekend dental appointment can turn into an urgent one. These types of dental problems can cause panic and anxiety. That is why relief is a priority. If you want to know the…
Experiencing a toothache is not a pleasant experience. Some toothaches are minor, but many have accompanying pain that can be difficult to bear. Sometimes, the symptoms can be so excruciating that you cannot function properly. Often, a cavity is the cause of pain in and around the tooth. It is helpful to understand how cavities…
There are many factors to consider when choosing a dental office. These days, it is easier than ever to find a dentist open on weekends. This scheduling option can be beneficial for many dental patients.More office hours means dental professionals can care for a higher number of patients while eliminating most scheduling issues. In addition,…
If you have tooth pain that lasts more than a day or two, you most likely have a severe problem that should be looked at by a dentist before it grows into something worse. Sometimes people avoid going to the dentist because they are embarrassed about their teeth or they do not like needles, so…
An appointment with a dentist open on weekends can end any dental problem right away. Getting dental care during the weekend helps a patient focus more on achieving relief and improving dental health. The weekend dentist often performs specific dental checks. If you want to know the types of dental visits you can have with…