Enhanced Infection Control in Action & Working for You!Honolulu, HI
At Diamond Head Dental Care we take infection control seriously, going above and beyond the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and the American Dental Association. Below lists some of our enhanced infection control protocols beyond the normal standards and requirements during COVID-19, that is continuously being refined and expanded:
- Pre-appointment screening questionnaire
- Thermal scan at appointment check-in
- Face shields
- N-95 respirators
- Hypochlorous acid foggers
- H2O2 pre-rinse
- Air purification
- Vacuum technology
- Minimization of aerosol by adjusting dental treatment techniques
- Limiting patient and staff counts
We take pride in being on the forefront of technology and infection control. We hope our efforts maintain a safer environment for everyone.
What to expect at your next visit?
Please come alone to your appointment (family members or friends will be asked to wait outside). If you're a minor, you may be accompanied by one adult only.
At your next appointment you will need to answer the following screening questionnaire as well as pass a thermal scan requiring a temperature below 100.4 degrees:
- Have you (or your household) had contact with anyone who is confirmed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you (or your household) traveled outside Hawaii in the past 14 days
- Have you (or your household) had close contact with anyone who traveled outside Hawaii in the past 14 days?
- Are you (or your household) currently experiencing fever, difficulty breathing, cough, fatigue, muscle/body ache, headache, new loss of taste/smell, sore throat, congestion, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea?
- Have you (or your household) had a fever higher than 100.4 degrees in the past 14 days?
- Have you (or your household) taken fever-reducing medication in the past 14 days?
- Do you work in healthcare? If so, are you working with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 patients?
**Please verify the above information prior to your next visit**
Assure you answered "NO" to all of the above. If you answered "YES" to any question(s), please contact our office at 808-735-8883 immediately.
Mahalo and kokua for you assistance in keeping Diamond Head Dental Care a safe place for everyone.
You might get a broken tooth when you bite into something crunchy if your tooth was ready to break. There are several reasons why this can happen with no warning. The good news is that your general dentist can fix a broken tooth. However, if you cannot get an appointment immediately, you may need to…
People with missing teeth generally have several options available to them for teeth replacement. One of the more highly recommended treatment options among dental professionals is dental implants. By learning more about dental implants, patients can decide if it is worth scheduling a consultation visit with a general dentist. Dental implants offer a way to replace…
You might require emergency dental care if you are dealing with a toothache that is causing excruciating pain. Simply having a toothache does not mean you need an emergency dentist since minor toothaches can be effectively managed with home remedies and over-the-counter toothache products.The underlying cause and symptoms of a toothache are what determines whether…
An emergency dentist has the knowledge and training to diagnose and treat the most troubling oral health issues. Even conditions as common as a toothache can cause short- and long-term problems for you. Fortunately, at an emergency dental office, you can get help and restore the full function of your teeth and mouth. Find out…
Emergency Dentistry And The Coronavirus (COVID-19) Disease: When Is Tooth Pain Considered A Dental Emergency?
Like other health care issues, emergency dentistry and the Coronavirus COVID-19 disease are generating a lot of discussions. The virus is pervading life everywhere, rearranging routines and schedules. The pandemic has not halted oral health concerns. Still, dental offices are not currently doing routine exams and non-emergency appointments. If you are confused about whether tooth…