Enhanced Infection Control in Action & Working for You!Honolulu, HI
At Diamond Head Dental Care we take infection control seriously, going above and beyond the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and the American Dental Association. Below lists some of our enhanced infection control protocols beyond the normal standards and requirements during COVID-19, that is continuously being refined and expanded:
- Pre-appointment screening questionnaire
- Thermal scan at appointment check-in
- Face shields
- N-95 respirators
- Hypochlorous acid foggers
- H2O2 pre-rinse
- Air purification
- Vacuum technology
- Minimization of aerosol by adjusting dental treatment techniques
- Limiting patient and staff counts
We take pride in being on the forefront of technology and infection control. We hope our efforts maintain a safer environment for everyone.
What to expect at your next visit?
Please come alone to your appointment (family members or friends will be asked to wait outside). If you're a minor, you may be accompanied by one adult only.
At your next appointment you will need to answer the following screening questionnaire as well as pass a thermal scan requiring a temperature below 100.4 degrees:
- Have you (or anyone in your household):
- Had contact with anyone confirmed with COVID-19 in the past 10 days (positive COVID-19 test result or diagnosed with COVID-19 by licensed healthcare provider)?
- Currently waiting for a COVID-19 test results?
- Been told by a licensed healthcare provider that you are suspected to have COVID-19?
- Have you (or anyone in your household) traveled outside Hawaii in the past 10 days and were told to quarantine by the State of Hawaii?
- Have you (or anyone in your household) had close contact with anyone mandated to quarantine by the State of Hawaii who traveled outside Hawaii in the past 10 days?
- Are you (or anyone in your household) currently experiencing:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle/body aches
- New loss of taste/smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion/runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Have you (or anyone in your household) had a fever higher than 100.4ο in the past 10 days or taken fever-reducing medication to treat a fever?
**Please verify the above information prior to your next visit**
Assure you answered "NO" to all of the above. If you answered "YES" to any question(s), please contact our office at 808-735-8883 immediately.
Mahalo and kokua for you assistance in keeping Diamond Head Dental Care a safe place for everyone.
Regular Teeth Cleaning To Prevent Cavities
Regular teeth cleaning is important not only for oral health but also overall health. While many people may schedule regular doctor appointments, they may forget about dental care. However, routine teeth cleaning is critical and just as important as a physical wellness exam.There are many diseases that stem from bacteria and other harmful things which…
A Root Canal Can Save Your Injured Tooth
When a tooth needs a root canal, it is usually because of either a deep cavity, a break, a crack, or a chip that has gone through the hard protective enamel of the tooth. Under the enamel is a softer tissue called dentin and then under the dentin in the center of the tooth is…
Mini Vs. Regular Dental Implants
If you are an adult investigating procedures for replacing a missing tooth, dental implants may be the ideal option for supporting an artificial tooth in an otherwise healthy smile. Because implants can be affordable and nearly invisible when placed correctly, this procedure is popular with young people and older individuals alike.Before a patient decides to…
Reasons To Visit A Dentist For A Toothache
Some people waste weeks or even longer trying to make a toothache go away on their own. Toothaches can be managed with a variety of over-the-counter painkillers and tooth pain products, but until treating the root cause, the pain will continue to reoccur.Many who postpone having a dentist treat their toothache are not fond of…
How Long Does It Take To Get Dental Implants
Getting dental implants is a lengthy process that yields desirable results. By replacing both the root and exterior of a missing tooth, this solution restores function, enhances appearance, and preserves the jawbone and gum tissue. Before selecting this treatment option, patients should understand the progression of appointments leading to getting implants and the factors that…