Enhanced Infection Control in Action & Working for You!Honolulu, HI
At Diamond Head Dental Care we take infection control seriously, going above and beyond the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and the American Dental Association. Below lists some of our enhanced infection control protocols beyond the normal standards and requirements during COVID-19, that is continuously being refined and expanded:
- Pre-appointment screening questionnaire
- Thermal scan at appointment check-in
- Face shields
- N-95 respirators
- Hypochlorous acid foggers
- H2O2 pre-rinse
- Air purification
- Vacuum technology
- Minimization of aerosol by adjusting dental treatment techniques
- Limiting patient and staff counts
We take pride in being on the forefront of technology and infection control. We hope our efforts maintain a safer environment for everyone.
What to expect at your next visit?
Please come alone to your appointment (family members or friends will be asked to wait outside). If you're a minor, you may be accompanied by one adult only.
At your next appointment you will need to answer the following screening questionnaire as well as pass a thermal scan requiring a temperature below 100.4 degrees:
- Have you (or your household) had contact with anyone who is confirmed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you (or your household) traveled outside Hawaii in the past 14 days
- Have you (or your household) had close contact with anyone who traveled outside Hawaii in the past 14 days?
- Are you (or your household) currently experiencing fever, difficulty breathing, cough, fatigue, muscle/body ache, headache, new loss of taste/smell, sore throat, congestion, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea?
- Have you (or your household) had a fever higher than 100.4 degrees in the past 14 days?
- Have you (or your household) taken fever-reducing medication in the past 14 days?
- Do you work in healthcare? If so, are you working with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 patients?
**Please verify the above information prior to your next visit**
Assure you answered "NO" to all of the above. If you answered "YES" to any question(s), please contact our office at 808-735-8883 immediately.
Mahalo and kokua for you assistance in keeping Diamond Head Dental Care a safe place for everyone.
If you have lost a tooth and it is not a wisdom tooth, you will need to get a replacement option, like a dental implant. Leaving a tooth missing can have adverse effects on oral health, even if the tooth is not in the front row. Continue reading to learn how you can replace your lost…
An emergency dentist can treat toothaches in a variety of ways if the pain becomes intolerable or the symptoms present a risk of worsening and causing other oral health issues if not treated promptly. However, for minor toothaches that can wait until a more convenient time to be scheduled, emergency dentists may provide useful tips…
The first thing that goes through most people's minds when tooth pain occurs is finding a way to make it stop. Toothaches are an indication that a trip to a dentist is in order. At times, the pain and discomfort caused by a toothache are so severe that it requires an emergency trip to the…
Seeing a dentist that offers urgent dental services and is open on the weekends can make a lot of difference when a dental emergency occurs. Delaying an important dental procedure is not advisable due to the risk of complications or permanent damage. Aside from the severe and unbearable pain that patients may have to deal…
Dental implants are more than a way to replace missing teeth. These restorations also help keep your bone healthy and prevent the breakdown of bone tissues that typically occurs when a tooth is lost. Dental implants are artificial teeth roots inserted directly into the patient's jaw. The implant fuses with the bone tissues, keeping it…